Looking for a coaching job?
If you are a coach looking to take the next step in your career, check out our current vacancies below.
An opportunity has arisen for a Tennis Coach to join the Team at Cyperus Tennis + Fitness (CTF), based in Wellington central/west (home base Karori United Tennis Club). We are interested in hearing from Tennis Coaches who may be looking for more work.
CTF delivers coaching all year round and there are opportunities to expand our operations. We are interested in adding an Assistant Coach to the Team, but would also welcome a more Senior Coach if available.
Assistant Coaches should have a solid all round knowledge of tennis skills, and preferably a background in playing competitive tennis at a reasonably high level. Assistant coaches mainly work under the guidance of a senior coach.
Senior Coaches should have a minimum ITF Level One qualification, “Junior Development Coach” or equivalent. Senior coaches are expected to conduct group sessions and private trainings, maintaining the quality of delivery expected from CTF.
Expressions of interest can be made through emailing [email protected] or by contacting Darren Ward 021 870 978. Further information about CTF can be viewed on our website www.cyperus.co.nz
PLANiTPRO is looking for a Head Coach at Kilbirnie Tennis Club. Kilbirnie Tennis Club is known as Wellington’s most beautiful club and was the 2018 Tennis Central Club of the Year. It’s also one of the larger clubs in the Central Region with 2 hard courts and 3 all-weather artificial turf courts. A great opportunity to lead at a sought-after club!
For more information about PLANiTPRO, check out our website at planitpro.co.nz.
Preferred start date is Term 4 on 18 October 2021.
Pay will be based on experience. Packages and incentives can be discussed upon receiving application.
The ideal candidate:
• Is a career coach who thrives in a club environment and is enthusiastic about growing a tennis business;
• Will be actively involved in all aspects of coaching and administration at Kilbirnie Tennis Club and be affiliated with PLANiTPRO at the Renouf Tennis Centre;
• Will actively engage with the surrounding schools and community to boost participation in tennis at the club;
• Will create initiatives focussed on growing participation and engaging players in tennis at the club like
events and tournaments;
• Is ITF Level 1 or higher qualified.
Please note you must have NZ residency or a current work visa to apply for this position. We DO NOT sponsor overseas coaches.
To apply, please email your cover letter and CV to Troy Leamy at [email protected]
Ngatitoa Tennis Club is looking for a part time Club Coach for their club based in Porirua Wellington.
We have 3 1-hour sessions on a Monday afternoon. Each session caters for up to 12 juniors. First session (3:30) is for beginners aged 5-10. Second session (4:30) is for intermediate players aged 8-12. Third session (5:30) is for interclub-level players aged 10-18.
Preferred start date is Sep 06, 2021
E-mail [email protected] with your interest and credentials. Applications close on the 9th of August.
Sparta Tennis is looking to add to our industry leading team of coaches to
meet increased demand across the spectrum of coaching. This includes
Tennis NZ Programmes; Hot Shots, Cardio and Express as well as in our
vaunted Academy Programme, and private coaching for aspiring juniors.
With 36 NZ Selections and 73 Regional selections in the past 5 years, and
9 national titles in the last 3 years Sparta is the nations leading Academy.
We are committed to promoting, educating and rewarding motivated
coaches, which allows us to build the programme over time.
Any questions please call Dwayne Cleugh on 0274434282
Application via email to [email protected]
Applications close Jul 28, 2021
Pompallier Lawn Tennis Club (PLTC) is looking for a new Club Manager to manage the club facilities, increase membership and build participation and engagement with their members. PLTC is a not-for-profit community organisation with five tennis courts and around 200 senior members and 180 junior members. The Club is a busy place with plenty of sports activity going on, both competitive and friendly, and members enjoying the social aspects the Club has to offer.
What is on offer:
Contract role, maximum of 80 hours per month, with some flexibility in hours worked and occasional weekend and evening work
An enthusiastic and supportive team of people to work with
An opportunity to use your skill-set and style to manage these great facilities and build on the club’s success through engagement with a diverse range of members in a family and community environment
A safe, engaging, and friendly place to work
What you offer:
Superb management and organisational skills
An ability to maintain and build club membership through the execution of various initiatives
The ability to maintain good relationships with the club Executive, coaching team, sponsors, donors and members
Flexibility, an enthusiastic can-do attitude, and someone who uses their initiative well
Experienced with club administration and XERO accounting
Member management, existing and new, creating an outstanding member experience
Managing the club facilities and organising volunteers, contractors, marketing communications and events
Day-to-day financial management, managing funding and other revenue streams, and maintaining membership database
Support to Executive Committee and execution of resolutions and plans
If you're the person who can take our club to the next level, apply now with your CV and cover letter to [email protected]. Applicants must have the right to live and work in NZ. Applications close Friday 2 July 2021. Please visit www.pompalliertennis.co.nz for more information about PLTC.
Kiwi Tennis is a tennis management company that operates at 13 clubs across Auckland and the Waikato, and around 50 schools. We provide coaching to players of all ages and abilities, from national performance players through to junior, adult and schools coaching.
We're looking for our next Head Coach, and we'd love to hear from you if you have the following:
• A positive and enthusiastic attitude
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
• The highest level of professionalism and presentation
• An outgoing and dynamic personality that can relate easily to adults and juniors.
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• An ability to build positive relationships with key stakeholders
• Relevant Tertiary qualifications
• Full Drivers License & car
• ITF Level 1/JDC/LTA Level 3
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
• Delivery of group and private lessons
• Overseeing the provision of all coaching at the nominated club
• Assisting in establishing and coordinating ongoing programmes across the club and
• Promotion and growth of the club and school coaching programmes, in addition to our
holiday programmes, each term.
• Managing the club’s coaching team
• Creating lesson plans for all sessions at the club
• Attendance at Committee meetings
• Racquet stringing and pro shop sales
• Playing interclub for the nominated club
• Training assistants and mentoring junior coaches where required
You'll be remunerated well, with an incentive program for the right applicant.
Come and join NZ's largest coaching company!
Email your CV and cover letter to [email protected], or give us a ring on 022 898 1212 if you'd like to discuss the role.
Evolve Tennis Coaching is seeking to appoint a professional Head Tennis Coach to deliver and develop a high quality coaching programme at the Thorndon Tennis & Squash Club.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide and maintain high quality coaching at all levels of the game
- Manage all on-court aspects involved with junior and senior coaching programmes
- Identify junior players of potential and nurture that potential through our development programmes
- Communicate effectively with the club, players and parents in a timely manner
- Provide a coaching service minimum 5 days a week. There is potential to substantially increase the current 30 hours per week.
- Ability to work with a team of coaches
- Mentor Senior, Development and Assistant Coaches
- Communicate with other Head Coaches at Evolve on a regular basis
- Administer player bookings and attendance records using a computerized system
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Display a high level of personal integrity and pride in their work, be motivated and willing to learn, honest and reliable, display initiative and able to work in a team
- Hold strong interpersonal and communication skills for all age groups
- Sound computer skills
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- ITF Level 1 coaching qualification equivalent or higher
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Tennis Hot Shots programme
- Minimum 5 years experience coaching juniors and adults of all ages and abilities
- Experience coaching Cardio Tennis preferred
Applicants should send their CV and other supporting details to Susan at [email protected]
Full-Time/Part-Time Tennis Coach Employment
Mount Maunganui Tennis Club
A great opportunity has arisen for a coach to join our professional Coaching Team at Mount Maunganui Tennis Club in the Bay of Plenty.
This role will involve:
- Hot Shots Coaching
- Junior & Adult Group Coaching
- Tennis in Schools
- Cardio Tennis
- Private lessons with both juniors and adults
The suitable candidate must currently live in New Zealand and have the following:
- Experience coaching juniors and adults of all ages and abilities.
- Very good communication skills.
- High level of professionalism.
- Outgoing and dynamic personality that can relate easily to adults and juniors.
- Current Police Check
If you are interested in this position and think that you have the necessary skills to fulfil this role, please apply to:
Email: [email protected]
Pakuranga Tennis Club is looking for a senior coach to assist the Head Coach in all areas of the club. This person ideally is able to work independently with all areas of junior development (hot shots) as well as junior performance and seniors. There are 25+ hours available with both privates and groups. Please get in touch for more information.
Please send CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Looking for a coach?
Looking for a great coach to help grow your club or coaching business? Post your great opportunity below, or click here for recruitment advice.